FILLED: Customer Service Representative
Wage: Base: $8.50/hour; Maximum: $12.50/hour (Shift Manager)
Area: Customer Service/Ticket Sales
Supervisor: Ticketing Manager, Shift Managers
Functions: As a Customer Service Representative (CSR), you will represent the Bienen School of Music by providing customer service to a wide range of patrons, faculty, and students attending our 100+ concerts and performances throughout the year. CSRs sell tickets to these events and provide general customer assistance over the phones, at the Concerts@Bienen Ticket Office, and in the concert hall lobby directly before events. Working in a professional but social environment alongside other CSRs and student Shift Managers, the CSRs strive to create a friendly and positive impression of the Bienen School of Music for all patrons.
Hours: Flexible hours seven days a week between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 p.m., working approximately 8 to 12 hours per week based on work study allowance. Schedule to be sent out weekly based on concert schedules and reported CSR availability. A mixture of evening, daytime, and weekend hours. Work takes place in the Concerts@ Bienen Ticket Office at Pick-Staiger and at events held in various on-campus performance venues. Optional hours during holiday breaks.
Dress: During public events, CSR staff must wear clean, professional attire and a name tag. Concert dress code is black apparel only—suggested attire for men is a pressed, black, oxford dress shirt and black pants. Suggested attire for women is to wear a black dress, or a black blouse with black skirt or pants. Jeans, T-shirts, or tennis shoes are not acceptable during concert shifts. Casual wear is acceptable during shifts with no public events.
- Provide customer service and information for faculty, staff, students and patrons, both over the phone and at the ticket office.
- Update and maintain computerized patron mailing list.
- Attend to daytime ticketing operations including ticket sales, distribution, revenue collection, record keeping, and shift close-outs, including daily receipts of up to $2,000.00.
- Operate the ticket office for concerts at the specified venue, including ticket sales, record keeping, close-out procedures, and box office upkeep.
- Communicate problems and/or suggestions to ticketing manager regarding operations, customer service, and training.
- Maintain compliance with Purchase Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to remain level-headed in hectic situations.
- Pleasant, service-oriented attitude is a must.
- Independence, initiative and common sense.
- Efficiency and the ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Neatness and organization.
- Ability to handle money accurately and efficiently.
- Experience with CRM database or sales systems preferred, not required.
- Previous experience with customer service and cash handling preferred, not required.
- Dependability and punctuality a must.